News Update :

People expect us to win the series in India - Mominul

Bangladesh A captain Mominul Haque has said he will try to make the best use of his experienced line-up against India A. The 15-man squad, which includes 14 internationals, will depart Dhaka on Monday morning to play three one-day matches and two three-day games starting from September 16 in Bangalore and Mysore.

The soft-spoken Mominul would only offer a smile every time he was asked about his captaincy; how he will balance it with his own batting, what aspects of his character he would like to bring to his leadership and his personal goal as a batsman. He said he will try to enjoy the captaincy stint like he enjoys batting, and attempt to bring his calm demeanour into his new job.
"I haven't really thought about these things in the last few days," Mominul said. "I want to enjoy captaincy like I did with my batting. I have to learn a few things because I am a new captain. I will try to recover in areas I am lacking in. I think it will be good to have experienced players in the team. Most of them have played for Bangladesh, and it is a good team.
"I never really thought what part of my character will help my captaincy. I have to give it a think. I think my calm personality might help me."
Coach Heath Streak backed Mominul, saying it could be the start of his captaincy career. "Mini [Mominul] has a very good cricket head," Streak said. "He has a very good temperament. He has shown it in the Test arena.
"His hunger for knowledge in cricket is good. Definitely, he would be a future leader. For him, this is a good reward. Hopefully this will be start as a leader."
Mominul, a Test regular but one who hasn't played an ODI since February this year, brushed aside any talk of pressure. He said he would like to ensure that the form of the senior team is replicated by the A side in India.
"The pressure doesn't really work on me," Mominul said. "There'll be pressure at this level, and if one can't handle this pressure, it is better to stay away from the game. We have to stay consistent with our winning habit. We will carry this thought to India and wouldn't like to lose it.
"If I do well in this format, it will help me later. I will enjoy the game, try to play well, perform, that's all. We want to win every game. We won four bilateral series in a row, so people expect from us that we will play well and win the series in India."
Streak, meanwhile, was happy to have four fast bowlers in the line-up, saying he will be working closely with them. He was also looking forward to prepare Taskin Ahmed for the "long road" towards Test cricket. Chandika Hathurusingha, the Bangladesh senior team head coach, had said last week that Taskin was close to a Test place but Streak said it was still some way away.
Taskin hasn't played a first-class match since February 2013 due to a long fight with injuries and since making his international debut in 2014, has only been used in limited-overs cricket.
"I think it is an opportunity for Shafiul (Islam) and Al-Amin (Hossain) to be looked at by the selectors. Taskin has been playing the shorter format," Streak said. "We will now try to get him ready for longer-version cricket. But that's still a long road.
"It is hard to put a timeframe on it. We have to prepare him. It is difficult to play only one series of three-day games and then play five-day cricket. It is an optimistic jump. We will be sensible about it. We don't want to risk him when we have the World T20 coming up next year."